This fun monster craft with seashells is the perfect craft for summer. Kids will love putting together these cute little monsters!
After putting together our beautiful farmhouse wreath, the turquoise color we used really made me miss the beautiful beaches we’ve visited in the past.
When we do go to the beach we love collecting seashells and we always get together to compare the different shells we have all collected. We do the same when we collect rocks on our nature walks!
Do I Need To Go Hunting For Seashells At The Beach?
No! I mean.. if you are wanting an excuse to spend the day at the beach for craft and educational purposes you can. Who wouldn’t want to do that?!
But, if you are like me and aren’t lucky enough to live by a beautiful beach with clear blue water and warm sand to walk barefoot in, you can use store-bought shells.
These shells are the ones I recommend and you can get really creative with the seashell monsters. You can also pick some shells up at your local dollar store. When we were making the fall wreath, I noticed that the Dollar Tree always had small bags of seashells available.
Supplies you will need for creating the Cute Monster Seashell Craft
- Paint (any colors you would like)
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners (a mix of colors)
- Colorful feathers. Yarn, and/or Pom poms (to create the hair)
How to put together the Seashell Monsters
- Paint the seashells with different colors and patterns.
- Glue googly eyes to the top of the seashells.
- Use a pipe cleaner to create arms and legs. You can use different colors mixed together for extra fun!
- Glue the legs to the back of the shells.
- Use feathers, yarn, or pom poms to create hair for the monsters and glue them to the top of the shells.
This monster craft with seashells is such a fun craft that kids can take part in to get creative. They can go wile with their colors, make fun monster hair, and create their very own seashell monsters.
More fun crafts and activities for kids:
- Kids Monster Craft with Seashells (Cute Monster Seashell Craft)
- DIY Dad Rocks Card for Fathers Day A Kids Craft and Printable
- P.E. For Kids (Daily Exercise Ideas) + 10 A Day Challenge Printable Tacker
- DIY Rustic Farmhouse Front Door Wreath with Buffalo Check
- Free At Home Activity Pack for Kids To Work On While They Are Home
- Kids Who Like Rocks: Educational Benefits of Kids Starting A Rock Collection
- Herbs and Vegetables You Can Regrow from Kitchen Scraps
- St Patricks Day Bingo Game Free Printable Bingo Cards and Calling Cards
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable Worksheet for Counting and Coloring Fun