How to make a mesh wreath using Dollar Tree Supplies. This fun DIY Dollar Tree Wreath tutorial will show you how to make a mesh wreath.
For this tutorial, we are using supplies from the Dollar Tree, as we did with our fall wreath, but you can get the supplies anywhere.
We used the red and white colors because of the holidays coming up, but you can use any colors you want. This will also make a great winter wreath!
For a little extra fun, we added some mini Christmas bulbs to the wreath for the holidays. This is optional.
DIY Dollar Tree Wreath Tutorial
If you are wanting to change the colors to something besides red and white, all you have to do is get different color tulle and mesh!
- 14” metal wreath form
- 3 packages decorative mesh (we used red)
- Package of decorative mesh (we used white)
- 1 package white and red sparkly tulle (you can use any color combo)
- Roll red sequin ribbon (you can use any color)
- 15 fuzzy sticks/chenille stems
If you want to add some cute little ornaments for the holidays or other decor to the wreath, you will need a hot glue gun and hot glue.
How to Make a Mesh Wreath
- Start by cutting your fuzzy sticks in half.
- Cut all of your ribbon, mesh, and tulle into 6-inch lengths.
- Roll each piece of mesh into a tighter tube and then roll the tulle diagonally.
- Gather your bunches. Use 4 pieces of mesh, ribbon, and tulle; using at least 2-3 pieces of the red mesh for the bottom layer of each bunch.
- To make the bunches, lay each piece on top of the other, in a snowflake-like pattern.
- Wrap a chenille stem around each bunch, twisting 3 times. You will be making 30 bunches like this.
Now let's put it all together...
Attach the bunches to the wreath frame. Do this by laying the bunch on the front of the wreath, and going to the back of the wreath, grabbing the two ends of the chenille stem, and attaching them to the two inner wires on the wreath form.
To attach, twist the two ends of the chenille stem together 3 times, around the two inner wires. Each section of the wreath form will end up with 5 bunches attached.
Lay the wreath on a flat surface and fluff your bunches, until you have your desired look.
If you want to add the mini holiday ornaments to make a Christmas wreath:
Apply hot glue to the side of each ornament and arrange around the wreath, gluing them to the bunches.