This fun snowflake ornament Christmas craft for kids is such a fun little project that kids can make for the holidays. The craft turns into an ornament that kids can hang up on the Christmas tree.
How to make this snowflake ornament Christmas craft for kids
- Large wavy wooden sticks (4 per ornament)
- Popsicle Sticks (4 popsicle sticks per ornament)
- Modge Podge
- Glitter (as many colors as you'd like)
- White Acrylic Paint
- Glue Gun - for kids you can use ELMER glue or have an adult do the glue glun
The first thing we need to do is to paint all the sticks white. We used a glossy white so that it gave that glossy look to the ornaments. It just looks better in our opinion.
Next, we will paint the smaller sticks with Modge Podge and then immediately sprinkle the glitter. Put the glitter on before the Modge Podge dries so that the glitter sets right.
For the larger outside sticks, the glitter on the ends was done in two different ways.
1) Use the bottom of the brush or something circular to put just a tad bit of Modge Podge on the end and sprinkle the glitter on. This gives you the look of the circles at the end.
2) The second method gives you the look of the lines at the end of the sticks. Use the brush from the Modge Podge and paint 3 lines, then put the glitter on the lines.
Once all of the sticks are dry and you have your glitter on, use the glue gun and glue the large wavy sticks on top of each other so that it makes a star shape.
Do the same thing with the smaller sticks so it creates a star shape. Then glue the small sticks to the larger sticks.
Once it's finished, your snowflakes should look like this:
To make the finished snowflakes ornaments, take a small piece of ribbon and fold it. Glue the ends to the back of one of the sticks and let dry.
See more fun DIY projects!