A DIY soap recipe for an essential oil pink grapefruit soap that you can make at home yourself.
If you’ve ever wanted to make your own soap, this is a great moisturizing pink grapefruit soap recipe that contains essential oils.
There is just something special about making your own beauty products and DIY crafts. You know exactly what is going into creating the items and you can be customized to your liking.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Â½ pound glycerin soap base
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon cetyl alcohol
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E or argan oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Juice of one 1/4 of pink grapefruit or pink grapefruit juice
- Pink and yellow food coloring
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Soap mold – any will do, this one works well
Cut the soap base into squares and place into a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 30 seconds.
Add the cetyl alcohol and cocoa butter to the bowl. Return to microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Continue to heat at 30-second intervals until all is melted.
Add the egg yolk to the cream and beat gently. Then, add the egg mixture to the cooled soap base. If you donâ€™t wait a few minutes for the soap base to cool down, the egg will cook!
Pour pink mixture halfway up each mold. (If you only want the one color, slip the next step). Spray the top of the soap with the rubbing alcohol. Allow it to harden at least 2 hours.
Once the pink layer is hardened, gently pour the yellow mixture to the top of the mold. Spray the top of the soap with the rubbing alcohol and allow it to harden an additional 2 hours.
Gently pop out and store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag until ready to use!