As many Star Wars fans know, May 4th is Star Wars Day. Kids and adults around the world are celebrating the loved series. What better way to celebrate with kids than to make some fun Star Wars Crafts!
My son is a huge Star Wars fan, this was passed down from his father. He and his dad would always watch the Star Wars movies, have living room battles with their homemade lightsabers and dress up in Star Wars costumes.
If the kids aren't using their imagination with something Star Wars themed, they're most likely pretending to be superheroes.
With the celebration of Star Wars Day, we've found some crafts that are both easy and fun for all ages.
Star Wars Day crafts for kids
- Easy Foam Lightsabers
These lightsabers, made out of pool noodles, are perfect for Star Wars Day. Both fun and safe for kids, these DIY lightsabers will be a hit with parties and just playing around the house.
I am loving these cardboard Ewoks. Simply made from toilet paper rolls, felt, and a few other small craft supplies, kids will love making these.
Star Wars Inspired Footprints
These Star Wars inspired footprints are so cute! Not only would these be a fun craft for kids to make but they would also make the perfect keepsake gift.
More fun Star Wars crafts kids will love doing:
- R2D2 Costume (No Sew)
- Chewbacca craft using a paint stick
- How to paint a Darth Vader rock
- Star Wars shoe toppers
Tip: these crafts can make a fun crafting project for homeschoolers.
Just a few ideas on ways to incorporate these crafts into your homeschool curriculum.
- Art lessons, obviously.
- Science and Rocks. Incorporate learning about different rocks and doing a small rock craft.
- Think of ways you can use shapes and counting. Kids can identify the shapes as they use them.
- Math - Have kids measure their items for the crafts. Use counting for the younger children on how many pieces are needed. How many of each shape is needed, etc.
If you're throwing a Star Wars-themed party, here are some fun Star Wars treats to go along with the crafts!