Soft and chewy, these are hands-down the BEST chocolate chip cookies that I have ever made! They are one of those cookies where you can't have just one. Trust me!
Not only are these the best chocolate chip cookies, but this is also an easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that anyone can follow.
What is the secret to making soft chocolate chip cookies?
- One of my secrets has always been to use more brown sugar than white sugar.
- Using melted butter also helps increase the chewiness, but you want to either mix it in with softened butter OR extra flour so that it doesn't get too greasy. Instead of adding extra flour to this chocolate chip cookie recipe, I used half-softened and half-melted.
Yum! These pictures do not do the cookies justice though! They are so soft and delicious that they almost melt in your mouth just like the bakery style pumpkin cookies we made.
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup of margarine (½ melted and ½ softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
in a large mixing bowl, cream the butters and the sugars together.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add the vanilla and eggs.
Beat until everything is combined and they are light and fluffy.
Add in your chocolate chips. We used a full bag but you can add even more for extra chocolate.
On a cookie sheet, place about 1 and a ½ to 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown. Once they are finished, take them off of the baking sheet immediately to let cook. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container so that they stay nice and soft.
These are my favorite cookie sheets. They come in a set of 3 from Amazon and we use them for just about everything.
This recipe made about 24 cookies. Depending on the size you make your cookies, you will want to adjust the baking time. Smaller, mini cookies, will take less time. Larger cookies will take a bit more time.
These cookies didn't last long and got rave reviews, even from our pickiest eater. They have also been requested for some upcoming school parties that the kids have coming up.
More Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Rainbow Foods and Rainbow Treats Desserts Cookies Candy and More
- Oreo Dessert Recipes Easy Things To Make with Oreos
- Coffee Desserts: Easy Coffee Flavored Desserts You Have to Try
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies That Are Soft and Chewy
- Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes for Fall
- Fall Fruits and Vegetables In Season and Delicious Fall Recipes You Will Love
- Soft Bakery Style Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- M&M Cookie Bars with Oatmeal and Chocolate Chips - You Can't Eat Just One
- 50+ Pumpkin Cookie Recipes That'll Knock Your Socks Off
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies That Are Soft and Chewy
- 1 c margarine (½ c melted and ½ c softened)
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 3 c flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butters and the sugars together.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla and eggs.
- Beat, with a mixer, until everything is combined and dough is light and fluffy. Do not chill.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet, place about 1 and a ½ to 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Once they are finished, take them off of the baking sheet immediately to let cook. Once cooled, store them in an airtight container so that they stay nice and soft.