These days, there are a ton of educational online games and other free online learning resources that are available for kids to help them learn.
These online educational games are fun and free and can be helpful when it comes to learning. Kids will get to interact and play games while learning at the same time.
If you enjoyed our list of educational YouTube channels and have found those helpful, these free educational online games should be another great resource for learning.
Free Educational Online Games
- Funbrain - Funbrain was created for kids in grades Pre-K through 8th grade. The site has hundreds of free online games. Kids can also view comics, and videos that will develop skills in math, reading, problem-solving, and literacy.
- PBS Kids - PBS Kids has tons of free games in most of the general categories. Many of the games are built around the fun cartoon characters they feature on the PBS shows. Kids will love playing with their favorite characters with free educational online games that are available.
- ABCya - ABCya offers free educational online games through a free account or you can join as a premium subscriber. All of their online videos and games are free to play on desktop computers. However, free members-only get access to 6 mobile games each week. As a premium subscriber, you get a few more benefits I will highlight below.
- Education.com - Offers a diverse range of learning games to help children learn and build essential skills. Subjects offered are math, reading, writing, digital literacy, and more. Games are available for grades K-5. As the grades get more advanced, students will enjoy more advanced challenges of the games.
- Mr. Nussbaum - There are a ton of online games and lessons for just about every subject and area for grades K-8.
- National Geographic Kids - The National Geographic Kids website has some fun and interactive online games and quizzes for kids. There isn't a ton of games listed on the site, but the ones they do offer kids will enjoy.
FREE EDUCATIONAL ONLINE GAMES
- Primary Games - Primary Games offers over 1,000 games in math, science, language arts, and social studies. The games are all played on the browser so there is no downloading. As a bonus, you don't have to register for an account. It also offers curriculum guides that you can use to go along with the games.
- Nick Jr - Nick Jr. has created an online area where kids can play games with their favorite Nick Jr. characters. The activities and games are all geared towards younger children.
- Sesame Street - Take your Sesame Street adventure online where kids can play games that help them learn. Kids are able to learn their letters, animal sounds, rhymes, colors, and more. There are also a lot of educational videos that kids will enjoy watching as they learn.
- Cool Math - With Cool Math, kids can play online math games. These games help them with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, and more. They have a few different sites set up for different ages; CoolMath is geared toward ages 13 and up. CoolMath4Kids is appropriate for ages 4 through 12 and CoolMath Games includes math games for younger children.
- Disney Jr. - On the game site, kids can play games with their favorite Disney Junior characters. Characters like Doc McStuffins, Miles from Tomorrowland, Henry Hugglemonster, and many others are available.
- SplashLearn - SplashLearn offers cool math games for grades K-5. Games are set in fun interactive themes and include math topics from counting blocks to comparing fractions.
Bonus! Amazon has a ton of free and low-cost games and apps that you can download.
Low-Cost Games Worth A Look
While these educational online games aren't free, they are affordable. They also have a lot of fun educational games that children can play. These memberships cost as low as $3 a month and have a wide variety of resources and content.
- ABCya - If you want to get a bit more than the free plan, you can join as a premium subscriber. At the premium level, you get access to unlimited educational online games. You get the ability to play over 300 games on a mobile device. The ability to play on more than one device, save videos, and a few other benefits. The monthly subscription is $9.99 a month with discounts offered if you purchase a 6 month or yearly plan.
- Poptropica - Children create a character, and then take it on quests and adventures in a fun island world. They also have what is called Poptropica Worlds, where kids will be able to dive into additional quests and islands. Memberships start at just $3.99 per month, with discounts offered for longer memberships.
- ABC Mouse - ABCmouse.com features hundreds of fun and interactive games, each designed to teach a specific concept. Games vary from helping children learn the alphabet to learning new words. Children will also learn about numbers and shapes, and even to learn about the planets. ABC Mouse costs $9.95 per month. You can try it out to see if you like it with their 30-day free trial. Look out for discounts for new members throughout the year to save on membership fees.
More fun and free educational games and resources:
- How to Draw Vehicles: 13 Step-By-Step Drawings for Kids & Adults
- Inventors That Changed the World for the Good
- Best Playdough Recipes and Play Doh Activities for Kids
- Dollar Tree Beaded Butterfly Craft
- Spring Activities for Preschoolers That Are Educational and Fun
- Roll the Dice Spring Activity for Kids Free Printable Game
- Rainbow Coffee Filter Craft Easy Dollar Tree Weather Spring Activity
You can also check out the entire list in our homeschool section!