Add a little kick to your dinner plans with this spicy broccoli cheddar soup recipe! This broccoli and cheese soup is just as tasty as the original but adds a bit of spicy cheese to give it a kick.
Soups are perfect for winter because they are filling and will warm you up from the inside. Soups are the perfect meal that is quick and easy. They are like the ultimate comfort food that’s perfect for those chilly winter days.
One of my favorite combinations is broccoli and cheddar. I love eating broccoli mixed in a cheddar sauce and I also love it served as a soup. I’ve never really tried a spicy broccoli and cheese soup so I had always wanted to. Then this recipe came along.
Full of delicious broccoli and cheese flavor, this spicy broccoli cheddar soup recipe uses a spicy flaming cheese that really kicks it up a notch. And with only 5 ingredients, this soup is easy to make.
We love adding a bit of spice to our food so it has a kick to it, like these keto buffalo chicken wraps. If you don’t want it to be spicy, you can use just a regular colby jack cheese.
How To Make Spicy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 4 C broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 ½ C chicken broth
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 4 C Flamin Jack 5 alarm cheese (found at Sam’s)
If you don’t have access to the Flamin Jack cheese, you can substitute it with a colby jack, habañero, and jalapeño flavored cheese.
To Make the Soup
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the garlic for 1 – 2 minutes or until fragrant and slightly brown.
Add in the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and the broccoli. Turn the heat up a bit so that it is medium to high and let the soup come to a boil.
Once it starts to boil turn the heat to low and simmer for an additional 10-20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
Add in 3 C of the cheese and stir until melted. Once the cheese has melted, remove from heat.
If you want a bit of extra kick, sprinkle more cheese on top just before serving.
Since I don’t eat a lot of soup, unless I’m craving it, these are some of my other favorite fall comfort foods.
- Check out some healthy sweet potato recipes
- Tasty butternut squash recipes for fall
- Persimmon desserts are always a comforting treat
- You can do a lot with crescent roll recipes to make them a delicious comfort meal
- Chili is a must during the cool weather season
- Coffee caramel cake is great with a warm cup of coffee
- There are a ton of comfort foods that can be made with fall fruits and vegetables
- Maple lattes and cardamom lattes are always a great warm drink
- Italian beef is one of my favorite winter dishes