These meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce are perfect appetizers for the holidays, game day, side dish or just to enjoy as a meal. They’re slow-cooked to perfection in the crockpot.
These are one of my son’s favorite things to eat. He can eat these all day long so I always make a big batch. Then he can snack on them throughout the day when he wants while he’s working on his homeschool work.
My daughter seems to enjoy them with salmon. We cook our salmon in the air fryer. I have no idea why she likes the taste of the two together, to me, it just doesn’t fit. But, both she and her brother like weird food combinations.
These meatballs are a popular option for potlucks, dinners, holidays, and game day! They are easy to cook and taste delicious so it’s a win-win all the way around and make a great easy dinner when we are having our family game nights.
What you need:
- 1 jar of Heinz Chili Sauce (you can use generic, but we prefer Heinz)
- 1/2 c Grape jelly (we prefer to use Welch’s)
- 2 tbs brown sugar (optional)
- 32 oz package of frozen Italian Style meatballs
The first thing I do is put the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crockpot together.
Stir it together and then add the brown sugar if you want to use it. It just seems to give them more of a sweet flavor, but you don’t have to add it in.
Add in your favorite frozen meatballs, stir everything together, and cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
We like to make them where they are coated in sauce, but they are not sitting in sauce. Does that make sense? We tend to cook them until there isn’t much sauce left just because they seem to taste better to us that way.
You will want to stir the meatballs occasionally to help make sure the meatballs get fully covered with the sauce while cooking.
These classic meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce are perfect for family gatherings, pot lucks, or other events with large crowds. When we have a family gathering these meatballs, the Instant Pot Italian beef or the M&M cookie bars are our top three go-to potluck recipes.
We like to serve them as a side dish or sometimes we will even have these as a meal by themselves because they’re filling. They usually don’t last long between the 4 of us and go even quicker when we take them to a family gathering.
Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce
- 1 jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1/2 c Welch's grape jelly
- 32 oz pkg frozen Italian Style meatballs
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- The first thing I do is put the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crockpot together. Stir it together and then add the brown sugar. Stir.
- Add in your favorite frozen meatballs, and stir so they all get a good coating.
- Cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Stir the meatballs occasionally to help make sure the meatballs get fully covered while cooking.