These meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce are perfect appetizers for the holidays, game day, side dish or just to enjoy as a meal. They’re slow-cooked to perfection in the crockpot!
These are one of my son’s favorite things to eat. He can eat these all day long so I always make a big batch. Then he can snack on them throughout the day when he wants.
These meatballs are a popular option for potlucks, dinners, holidays and game day! They easy to cook and taste delicious!
What you need:
- 1 jar of Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1/2 c Grape jelly
- 4 tbls brown sugar
- 1 package of frozen Italian Style meatballs
The first thing I do is put the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crockpot together.
Stir it together and then add the brown sugar and water. If you want you can set the crockpot to high heat and let it warm up enough to where it heats the sauce.
This helps the jelly melt and blend together better with the chili sauce. This is definitely not mandatory though. It’s just something I’ll do if we have the extra time.
Add in your favorite frozen meatballs, stir everything together and cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours.
Stir the meatballs occasionally to help make sure the meatballs get fully covered while cooking.
These classic meatballs with grape jelly and chili sauce are perfect for family gatherings, pot lucks or other events with large crowds. When we have a family gathering these meatballs, the Instant Pot Italian beef or the M&M cookie bars are our top three go-to potluck recipes.
We like to serve them as a side dish or will sometimes even have these as a meal by themselves because they’re filling. They usually don’t last long between the 4 of us and go even quicker when we take them to a family gathering.
Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce
- 1 jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1/2 c grape jelly
- 1 pkg frozen Italian Style meatballs
- 4 tbls brown sugar
- The first thing I do is put the chili sauce and grape jelly in the crockpot together. Stir it together and then add the brown sugar and water. Stir.
- Add in your favorite frozen meatballs, and stir so they all get a good coating.
- Cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours. Stir the meatballs occasionally to help make sure the meatballs get fully covered while cooking.