Looking for some of the best cookbooks for kids? If you have a budding cook in the family, these cookbooks for kids are a must-have.
Whether your child likes to cook meals or bake their favorite goodies, these cookbooks will help them get started.
Why Kids Should Learn How To Cook
As part of our homeschool curriculum, we always incorporate cooking. There are a few reasons for this:
- Cooking is an essential skill to learn so that they can be independent.
- Measuring the ingredients can help them learn math.
- As they are cooking, they are learning about science, language, reading, and problem-solving, just to name a few.
- It is a great way for them to learn and bond with you as well as their siblings.
- Cooking your own food is more nutritious and healthy.
- Learning how to cook will give them confidence in themselves.
- They can learn about other cultures through food.
- It can help increase their focus and attention.
Best Cookbooks for Kids
Super Good Baking for Kids
Packed with delicious, clear recipes and tons of fun fact-filled sidebars on everything from the science of yeast to the history of baking, Super Good Baking for Kids shows kids how to make treats that will amaze
The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs
Using kid-tested and approved recipes, America’s Test Kitchen has created THE cookbook every kid chef needs on their shelf.
The Baking Cookbook for Teens
he Baking Cookbook for Teens introduces you to fundamental cooking concepts while also providing 75 sweet and savory recipes that are sure to satisfy.
Milk Bar: Kids Only: A Cookbook
Dedicated to the next generation of young bakers, Milk Bar: Kids Only presents more than eighty-five fun and empowering recipes to inspire imagination in the kitchen, from Apple Pie Waffles to PB&J Cereal Treats to Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes to marshmallowy Choco Crunch Cookies.
Why You Should Cook with the Kids
- Cooking with the kids is a great way to bond with them and get some quality time together.
- You can help teach them how to be safe in the kitchen and with cooking tools.
- It is true that kids are most likely to eat what they have cooked! This is a great way to get some veggies in there!
- Cooking from scratch can help them develop a wide palate as they cook with and taste fresh ingredients.
- Meals cooked at home are more nutritious.
More Cookbooks for Kids
Good Housekeeping Kids Cook! – More than 100 delicious, fail-safe recipes, accompanied by colorful photographs and basic kitchen and cooking how-tos.
Kid Chef Junior: My First Kids Cookbook – Help kids develop their culinary know-how as they make these healthy, wholesome, kid-approved meals.
Super Foods for Super Kids Cookbook – This kidsâ€™ cookbook has cool kitchen tutorials that teach you how to read a recipe, talk like a chef, and safely use the tools needed to sizzle, chop, and simmer your favorite foods.
Kid Chef Bakes – Catering to ambitious chefs ages 8 to 12, this kids cookbook and the culinary crash course show your chef-in-training how to bake from start to finish.
MasterChef Junior Cookbook – This book aims to give any aspiring young chef the tools he or she needs to hone essential cooking skills.
The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook – With more than 150 easy-to-make recipes, tips, and techniques, you can indulge in spellbindingly delicious meals drawn straight from the pages of your favorite Potter stories.