This strawberry kiwi salad is one of our favorite go-to summer desserts. It's sweet, fruity, light, and perfect for those hot summer days.
Fruit salads, in general, are perfect for summer. You can do so much with them. You can eat them as a salad, use them for dessert toppings, or (another one of our favorites) is to pair them with Angel Food Cake.
Fruit salads can be a lightweight breakfast meal as well. You can easily add some granola or yogurt to them to make them even more delicious.
Sometimes we will add other fruits to this salad. My daughter enjoys hers with bananas and grapes. We always use fresh bananas with fruit salad. If you are planning on including some in this salad, I highly recommend cutting the banana and adding it to the salad when you're ready to eat it. Otherwise, your banana is going to be extremely smushy and a little brown making it not so good.
Tips for any fruit salad:
- Eat within a few days. After 2-3 days the berries will get mushier and lost their vibrant taste.
- Use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit.
- Depending on the fruit you use, you may need to add a little bit of sugar or honey. Some fruits can be tart and adding sugar will balance out the flavor. I always add sugar when I'm making anything with strawberries.
- You can freeze the fruit salad to make smoothies or popsicles!
Strawberry Kiwi Salad
Strawberry Kiwi Salad for Summer
- 1 pkg Strawberries diced
- 4-5 Kiwis peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cut the strawberries and kiwi into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the honey and lemon juice.
- Toss, very gently, until everything is combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
If you find that your salad is tart, add some sugar or more honey. The tartness is all going to depend on how ripe the fruits are.
Remember, you can add other fruits to this salad as well. Try different fruit combinations to explore other flavors.
You should also check out our fun DIY Backyard Games.