These delicious teriyaki chicken breasts are cooked in the crockpot until just perfect. Tender, juicy chicken, these healthy chicken breast lettuce wraps are delicious.
That's right, we are dishing up another delicious chicken wrap that is delicious. I recently shared our keto-friendly buffalo chicken wraps (which were amazing by the way!). This go around, we wanted to go with a teriyaki flavor instead of a spicy buffalo.
Don't these look yummy! These were a big hit with the adults, the picky kiddos weren't fond of them. That is only because they are so stinkin' picky it's not even funny. Plus, they don't like teriyaki sauce. They never have.
Orange Teriyaki Chicken Breast Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, trimmed (approximately 3-4 chicken breasts)
- ¼ cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 cup of water
- 6 qt slow cooker
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large navel orange
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-1 ½ cup reserved juice from slow cooker
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- Romaine lettuce hearts
- Salted roasted peanuts, crushed
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- In a 6 quart slow cooker add the raw chicken breasts. Pour the ¼ cup teriyaki marinade and 1 cup of water over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken.
- In a large wok pan, add the diced red bell pepper and shredded chicken. Using a grater, grate the outside peel of the orange over the chicken and bell pepper mixture. Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice from both halves over the chicken mixture in the wok pan.
- Pour 2 tbsp of sesame oil over the chicken mixture, as well as the reserved juice from the slow cooker. Start by pouring 1 cup, and if the mixture seems too dry, add an additional ½ cup.
- Drain the can of diced water chestnuts, and add to the wok pan. Mix all ingredients well, and cook over medium heat, until the bell pepper is tender.
- Serve the chicken in a romaine lettuce heart, topped with crushed peanuts, and drizzled with Thai sweet chili sauce.